Tezcan Ozrazgat Baslanti
Statistical Core Lead
+1 (352) 273-6668
Dr. Tezcan Ozrazgat Baslanti is a Research Assistant Professor of Anesthesiology at the University of Florida. She earned her Ph.D. degree in Statistics at the University of Florida. She worked as a Postdoctoral Associate in the Department of Anesthesiology at the University of Florida under the supervision of Dr. Azra Bihorac from 09/2011 to 04/2015. She serves as a key faculty in the Data Management and Biostatistics Core of the University of Florida Sepsis and Critical Illness Research Center (SCIRC) and as the liaison between the Department of Anesthesiology’s research in perioperative outcomes in critical illness led by Dr.Bihorac and the director of the Data Management and Biostatistics Core, Dr.Brumback.
- RESEARCH INTERESTS:
– Longitudinal data analysis
– Survival analysis
– Prediction algorithms
- ACADEMIC AWARDS:
– Supported by NIH/National Institute for General Medical Sciences P50 grant. 2015-present
– Research Award at Gulf Atlantic Anesthesia Residents’ Research Conference, Puerto Rico (coauthor)2012
– Outstanding Research Award at UF PHHP Research Fair (coauthor) 2012
– Associate Faculty Member for F1000
- SELECTED PUBLICATIONS:
– Ozrazgat-Baslanti T, Thottakkara P, Huber M, Berg K, Gravenstein N, Tighe P, Lipori G, Segal M, Hobson C, Bihorac A. “Acute and chronic kidney disease and cardiovascular mortality after major surgery.” Annals of Surgery
– Huber M, Ozrazgat-Baslanti T, Thottakkara P, Scali S, Bihorac A, Hobson C. “Cardiovascular-specific mortality and kidney disease in vascular surgery patients.” JAMA Surgery
– Huber M, Ozrazgat-Baslanti T, Thottakkara P, Efron PA, Feezor R, Hobson C, Bihorac A. “Mortality and cost of acute and chronic kidney disease after vascular surgery.” Ann Vasc Surg. 2015 Jul. pii: S0890-5096(15)00529-4. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 26187703
– Korenkevych D*, Ozrazgat-Baslanti T*, Thottakkara P*, Hobson CE, Pardalos P, Momcilovic P, Bihorac A. “The pattern of longitudinal change in serum creatinine and ninety-day mortality after major surgery.” Annals of Surgery [*co-first authors] Ann Surg. 2015 Jul 15. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 26181482
– Szpila BE*, Ozrazgat-Baslanti T*, Zhang J, Lanz J, Davis R, Rebel A, Vanzant E, Gentile LF, Cuenca AG, Miggins MV, Ang DN, Liu H, Lottenberg L, Moore FA, Marker P, Zumberg M, Bihorac A, Brakenridge S, Efron PA. “Successful implementation of a packed red blood cell and fresh frozen plasma transfusion protocol in the surgical intensive care unit.” Plos One. 2015 May 26;10(5):e0126895. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0126895. eCollection 2015. PMID: 26010247 [*co-first authors]
– Hobson C, Dortch J, Ozrazgat Baslanti T, Layon D, Roche A, Rioux AR, Harman JS, Fahy B, Bihorac A. “Insurance status and chronic illness is associated with treatment allocation and outcomes after subarachnoid hemorrhage.” PLoS One. 2014 Aug 20; 9(8). PMID: 25141303.
– Vaught AJ*, Ozrazgat-Baslanti T*, Javed A, Morgan Linda, Hobson CE, Bihorac A. “Acute kidney injury in major gynaecological surgery: an observational study.” BJOG: Int J Obstet Gy. 2014 Aug 19. [. PMID: 25134440 [*co-first authors]
– Hobson CE*, Ozrazgat-Baslanti T*, Kuxhausen A, Thottakkara P, Efron P, Moore F, Moldawer LL, Segal M, Bihorac A. “Cost and mortality associated with postoperative acute kidney injury.” Ann Surg. 2014 May 30; [Epub ahead of print]. PMID: 24887982 [*co-first authors]
– Bihorac A, Brennan M, Ozrazgat-Baslanti T, Bozorgmehri S, Efron PA, Moore FA, Segal MS, Hobson CE. “National Surgical Quality Improvement Program underestimates the risk associated with mild and moderate postoperative acute kidney injury.” Crit Care Med. 2013 Nov; 41(11):2570-83. PMID: 23928835.
– Bihorac A, Baslanti TO, Cuenca AG, Hobson CE, Ang D, Efron PA, Maier RV, Moldawer LL. “Acute kidney injury is associated with early cytokine dysregulation after trauma.” J Trauma Acute Care Surg 2013 Apr; 74 (4):1005-13. PMID: 23511138. PMC3693855